- Serve as liaison for information exchange concerning human-animal interaction issues among key industry, professional, government and public stakeholder groups in Ohio, nationally and internationally.
- Provide educational workshops and opportunities to promote positive human-animal interactions and develop specialized skill sets.
- Develop educational resources based on cultural and subcultural identities to enhance and promote positive human-animal interactions.
- Increase student internship, educational and service opportunities related to this area of study via new student organization, Human-Animal Interactions Club.
- Engage in outreach activities in the community whereby vulnerable populations of people and their animals/pets are provided assistance.
The Human-Animal Interactions Club hosted Sloth Yoga for students, faculty, and staff of The Ohio State University. Over $2300 was raised for sloth conservation.